Sometimes, a person can feel exhausted without any reason. A person, even though physically fit; can’t stairs up without taking pauses! It can be caused by lack of iron - especially if you're a woman.
Iron is a mineral which is essential to ensure healthy blood, normal growth and development. Iron is a vital component of hemoglobin, which is the protein molecular in red blood cells that carries oxygen from our lungs to the body's tissues and returns carbon dioxide from the tissues back to the lungs. If you don't have enough iron, your body can't make enough healthy red blood cells; and without healthy red blood cells, your body can't get enough oxygen.
Women aged between 12 and 50 need more iron than men. Women and men metabolize iron from food at almost the same rate. However, while men need around 8 mg of iron in their daily diet, women need up to 18 mg (or 27 mg if pregnant). Women need more iron than men to make up for the amount of iron they lose in their menstrual period. Around 1 mg of iron is lost for every day of bleeding. Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in women. Insufficient iron can lead to anemia. Iron is especially important during pregnancy.
- Chicken: - 500gm.
- Small Onion: - 5-6
- Onion Paste: - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic: - 10-12 cloves
- Garlic Paste: - 4 tablespoons
- Fresh Coriander paste: - 1 cup
- Green Chili paste (if you want): - to taste
- Tomato: 1
- Refined / Olive oil: - 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Sugar: - 1/4 teaspoon
- Marinate chicken with onion paste, garlic paste, coriander paste, green chili paste, turmeric powder, salt and sugar.
- Keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator at least for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the marinated chicken, small onion, garlic and tomatoes in the oil.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute. Then cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked well.
*You can use Tamarind Pulp or Yogurt 1/3 cup in the place of tomato.
**If you use yogurt, whisk it with added pinch of salt.
That’s all for today. Ladies, don’t forget to add iron-rich foods to your daily diet. If you want more recipes of iron-rich foods, go to LIVOGEN You can find so many delicious recipes there. Also, they are running an iron rich recipe making contest for all. If you have a good recipe, go and participate there; you can win many exiting prizes!