Cabbage with Fish-Head
· Muro (Head of any big fish): - 500gm.
· Cabbage (medium size):- 1 piece
· Potato(medium size) (cut into cube pieces):- 2 piece
· Ginger paste: - 1tablespoon
· Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
· Green chillies:- 2 pieces
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Bay leaves:- 2 pieces
· Coarsely crushed Green Cardamom:- 2 pieces
· Coarsely crushed Cinnamon: - 1 inch.
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
· Ghee (if you want):- 1teaspoon
· Sugar:- 1/3teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Finely chopped the cabbage, wash and take aside.
2. Cut the muro (fish head) into big pieces; wash and marinate with salt and turmeric powder before cooking.
3. Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the muro (fish head) till brownish and set aside. When you fry it, crush the muro (fish head) very carefully with a smasher in medium pieces as I told before*.
4. In the same oil, add the bay leaves, fry for 30-40 seconds.
5. Now, pour in the potato, salt, turmeric powder and fry for 3-4min till it should take up a bit of brownish.
6. Now, add the chopped cabbage and mix well.
7. Add ¼ cup water, ginger pest, tomatoes, all the powders of ingredients, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3 min.
8. Again add ¼ cup water and fried muro (fish head) and mix well.
9. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
10. Take it off the flame and add the ghee, cardamom and cinnamon when the potato well cooked.
11. Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti.
* This preparation would taste best when have with hot rice.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store.