Flavors of India
Friends, as I promised you, today I share a special dish of Durga Navami with you. Hope you will enjoy! Share your opinion. Have a good day/ afternoon/evening/night! Namaskar.
Mutton Curry with potato in Indian Style
· Mutton: - 500gm.
· Potato(medium size):- 2 pieces
· Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 3 pieces
· Ginger paste: - 2tablespoon
· Garlic paste :- 2tablespoon
· Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
· Curd:- 1/2 cup
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Bay leaves:- 2pieces
· Cinnamon sticks:- 2pieces
· Cloves:- 5-6pieces
· Green cardamoms:- 3-4pieces
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
· Sugar:- 1/5teaspoon
· Ghee:- 1teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Wash the mutton and marinate with curd, all powders, onion, ginger, garlic, ½ of 1cup oil & Salt before cooking for at least 30mins.
2. Full heat the rest of oil in a heavy bottom pan& fry the potato till brownish and set aside.
3. In the same oil pour in the bay leaves and fry till it smell.
4. Add marinated mutton in it and cook for 5mins.
5. Add ¼ cup water, tomato and sugar in it & stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on slow heat for few minutes
6. When the mutton half cooked, add potatoes and about 150ml of water (or as you want the thickness of curry) and mix well.
7. Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
8. Take it off the flame and add coarsely crushed cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom when the potato well cooked.
9. Drizzle spoonful ghee just before serving.
10. Serve hot with Rice or Polao or Indian plain Roti or Garlic Bread.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store.
* You may use Pressure Cooker. In that case; wait for 3 whistles before add potato and 2 whistles after adding potato.Rest of the recipe remain same.* Always use warm water to mutton; it will increase the taste.