In my childhood, I was a tom-boy and never feared of anything! My mom was so much disgusted with me all the time! Every day, so many complaints used to come from our neighbors. But, the one word that I always scared from was – Bhoot! By the name of ‘Ghost’; my mom made me agreed for any work in night! Just one sentence – ‘do this or I call ghost to scare you from the tree’; and I jumped to do the work! I have been a book-worm from my childhood days and my favorite subject was ghost stories! Actually, I love to read the books still now. I enjoyed so much these books; but, when remember them in the night, I imagined, the characters stood by the window.
I couldn’t get rid of this even after my childhood. I tried, but, I had carried this fear throughout my collage, university, even after marriage! And one day, finally I said ‘bye bye’ to this fear! Today, I’m going to tell you the story of my ‘Rise above fear!’
My husband was posted at Malda district in West Bengal just after our marriage. We lived there in a flat in Govt. Housing. There was a park in just opposite of our flat. Before we went there, a man had passed away in an accident beside the wall of that park. My husband knows very well about my ghost-fear and every day in the evening, he told me the story of the accident during power cut! He took it as joke. One day, he said in husky voice, ‘the man was an electrician and his job was to solve the electrical problems in the housing; so if we have any problem in night, his spirit will come to solve!’ I was just crying in scare and shouting on to make him stop. I was being very serious and my face was being pale in scare! My husband understood that I was really scared. He said – ‘I never would be kidding like this in future’; but, he didn’t know that time; It could be more dangerous!
After 5-6 month of the incident, we almost forgot the evening; one day Subhankar (mu hubby) told me that he had to go to Kolkata for a meeting for 2 days; that means, I had to stay alone for 2 days! Generally, I have no problem to spend times with myself; but, in night I never stay alone before! Our family lived so far from Malda and there was no one, who could give me company. I know that, it was so important meeting. So, I told Subhankar to go. He asked me again and again if I had any problem, but I assured – don’t worry; it is just 2 days! I can manage carefully without you! Please go and complete your work!’ at last, he left the station with so much worry and love for me.
The first day was going smoothly. It was winter then. At night, I took dinner and went to bed with a romantic novel (because thriller or horror story was strictly prohibited for those 2 days by my hubby!!). I also locked the bedroom. When I felt sleepy, I wrapped myself head to toe with blanket and yes, I put on the light all the night! The second day also was going smoothly. That day, I was so much happy to think that Subhankar will come after ending the night. I took dinner at 10’O clock and went to bed with a novel. I read till 11-11.30 and then was trying to sleep in blanket. The light was put on as before. Suddenly….. I felt there was darkness! I removed the blanket and found………………
It Was Power Cut!!!!!!
I wrapped myself tightly and tried to do not remember any ghost stories; but, unfortunately, all the stories I read since my childhood, came in a flow in my mind! Suddenly, I heard a sound of refrigerator, stood in dining place just beside my bedroom and thought the power is on. In a second, I became so much happy and removed the blanket from the head and…………..
There Was The Same Darkness As It Was Before!!!!!!!!!
And the story of the electrician sparkled in my mind! A cold wave of fear washed over me! I wanted to call somebody but my voice was chocked. It is said, that too much scaring begets too much bravery! After this spell of scaring, I thought – ‘I have to see the matter! If there is any ghost, he would kill me and this much & nothing more! So, I have to get out of my bedroom!’ Then, I took the torch and opened the door; focus the light all over the dinning; but, nobody was there! I put the light on and oh my god!
The light was there!!!!!!!
I thought about all the matters one by one and yes, solved the problem! There were two fuse of the electric connection. Bedroom, veranda and bathroom were in one fuse and dining place & drawing room were in one fuse. The fuse, which included bedroom, was cut and the other fuse was ok. So, the light and refrigerator were going perfect. After that, I went to bed without locking the door of bed room and slept in dark & had a sound sleep! And after that day, I never fear at anything! Because, now I know very well – ‘Darr Ke Aage Jeet Hain’!
* To know so many great stories of ‘Rise above fear’; visit Mountain Dew India Facebook Page.