Tuesday 18 August 2015

My Dinner Experience with Del Monte pasta #ItalianEscapades



Hello my friends! Last night, my hubby told me – ‘I’m feeling bore with regular dishes; cook something new, something special, something non-Indian with little of your Indian touch! I was so scared! Last night, I had almost nothing to cook any innovative dish in my kitchen! What can I cook that may satisfy him? Suddenly, I remember that I have some Del Monte Spiral pasta in my kitchen. I asked my hubby that pasta is nice for him or not. He asked – ‘OK; but change your cooking style and please, don't use any kind of meat or fish’! I usually cook pasta in Italian style, as I learnt from cooking magazines; but never tried my own thoughts! Then I opened my refrigerator and find some eggs, fresh cream, butter and pasta sauce. I finally cooked the Pastas with these ingredients and served him for dinner. My hubby said that it was an amazing experience to eat pasta in that style! Now, I’m going to share my all experiences, read it and tell me how it is!

Creamy Pasta with Fried Egg




Prep. 10min.
Cooking time: 25 mins
Serve: 2

Ingredients:


For White Sauce:


  1. Butter:                                     2 tablespoon
  2. Flour (maida):                           25gm.
  3. Milk:                                         11/2 cup
  4. White pepper:                           to taste
  5. Salt:                                          to taste

For Pasta:



  1. Del Monte Spirali pasta:               200 gm.
  2. Egg:                                              2
  3. Del Monte Olive oil:                      2 tablespoon
  4. Onion (medium) (chopped):           2
  5. Capsicum (medium) (chopped):      1
  6. Garlic (chopped):                          3-4 cloves
  7. Black pepper powder:                   1 teaspoon
  8. Pasta Sauce:                                 3 tablespoon
  9. White Sauce:                                1 cup
  10. Fresh Cream:                                for garnishing
  11. Salt:                                              to taste

Del Monte Spirali Pasta and Olive Oil



Method:


For White Sauce:

  • Heat a saucepan. Melt the butter in it.
  • Put into the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Off the heat and add the milk in it. Gradually stir to get a smooth sauce. Return to the heat and, stirring continuously, bring to the boil.
  • Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and white pepper.

For Pasta:

  • Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and fry it. Make very small pieces from it. Keep it aside. (Image below)

Fried Egg

  • Cook pasta in water with salt. Drain the water and keep aside. (Image below)

Boiled Pasta

  • In a pan, add the olive oil and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, till onion is translucent. (Image below)


  • Add capsicum and garlic; cook more couple minute. (Image below)


  • Now, add the Pasta sauce and boiled pastas in it. Mix well. (Image below)


  • Add the fried egg, white sauce, pepper powder and salt in it and mix very well. Cook for 2 min.
    (Image below)


  • Your Pasta is ready now! Garnish it with fresh cream and serve hot. (Image below)


Well, it is the recipe that I cooked last night! Try it and share your experiences, good or bad, with me!
Bye……Take care!







5 comments:

  1. Will definately try the tempting recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful . I shall try it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kakali-di! Please let me know after cooking, how it is!

      Delete
  3. Yummy & delicious..:)
    Lemme try this weekend..:)
    Thanks for sharing Ms. Koyeli..:)

    ReplyDelete