Flavors of India
Chingri die Alu (potato), Vindi (Okra), (Potato & Okra with Prawns)
· Prawns: - 200gm.
· Vindi (Okra or Lady’s Fingers):- 250gm.
· Potato:- 2 piece
· Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 2 piece
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1 Cup(150gm)
· Sugar:- 1/5 teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Dress and wash Prawns and marinate with Turmeric Powder & Salt before cooking.
2. Full heat the oil in a pan and fry prawns for 1min.
3. Set aside the fish.
4. In the same oil that was used to fry the fish, add potato and onion.
5. When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish, add the Okra tomato and fry for 2-3 min.
6. Add ¼ cup water, all the powders of ingredients, salt, sugar & cook for 2-3 min.
7. Add the fried prawns and mix well.
8. Add about 2 cup of water and stir well.
9. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
10. Take it off the flame after 10 minutes.
11. Serve hot with Rice or Indian flat Roti or Garlic Bread.