Before my first recipe, I want to convey a simple message! I want to share the unique food philosophy of India with those who are mainly new to the great art of cooking (though veterans are also welcome for their free advice!!) for those girls who believe "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"!!!For those Gen-X newly married couples who can hardly spend half an hour in the kitchen! How will it work? Please share your thoughts my friends!
Chingri Macher Malai Curry (Prwan with Coconut)
1. Prawn (Medium size) :- (dressed and washed, marinated with Turmeric Powder & Salt for 5-10 min.) 500gm
2. Prawn (Jumbo) :- (dressed and marinated in lime juice for 45 min.) 6 Pieces
3. Coconut paste :-2 Cup
4. Grated Coconut :- ½ Cup
5. Onion paste :- 2 tablespoon
6. Garlic paste :- 2 teaspoon
7. Ginger paste : 2 teaspoon
8. Tomato (cut into small pieces) :- ½ Cup
9. Green Chili :- 4-5
10. Green Chili Pest (if you want) :- to taste
11. Red Chili (if you want :-1/2 teaspoon
12. Kashmiri red Chili Powder :- 1 teaspoon
13. Cumin Powder :- 1 teaspoon
14. Coriander Powder :- 1 teaspoon
15. Turmeric Powder :- 1/2 teaspoon
16. Mustered / Refined Oil :- 1 Cup(150gm)
17. Salt :- to taste
18. Sugar / Sugar-free Cube :- 1 /4 teaspoon / 1cube
19. Cardamom:- 3-4
20. Ghee (if you want) :- 1 teaspoon
- Wash the marinated Jumbo prawns to remove the sour taste.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the prawns for one minute.
- Set aside the prawns in a covered container.
- In the same oil that was used to fry the prawns, pour in the onion paste.
- When the onion turns brownish, add the ginger paste, garlic paste, tomato & fry for 2-3 min.
- Add ¼ cup water, all the powders of ingredients, salt, sugar & cook for 2-3 min.
- Add the fried prawns, coconut paste, green chili and mix well.
- Add about 100 ml water stir well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame after 10 minutes.
- Mix cardamom & ghee ; garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve hot with rice or Polaw or Garlic Bread.
* This preparation would taste best if served with steamed rice.
* You may use Coconut Milk powder in the place of Coconut paste.
* I suggest you to work out 15 more minutes to burn the excess calories next morning.