Flavors of India
Cauliflower with Potato in Indian style (Phool-kapir jhol)
· Cauliflower: - 1 piece.
· Potato (slice in 4 pieces):- 1piece
· Ginger paste: - 1/2 teaspoon
· Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
· Green chili:- 3-4 piece
· Fresh Coriander :- 1/3 cup
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
· Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1 Cup(150gm)
· Sugar:- 1/5 teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces and marinate with Turmeric Powder & Salt before cooking.
2. Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the cauliflower and set aside.
3. In the same oil, pour in the cumin seeds and when it smells, add the potatos, turmeric powder. Salt and fried still color of potatoes should take up a bit of brownish.
4. Now, add the ginger paste, tomato & fry for 2-3 min.
5. Add ¼ cup water with rest of the powders of ingredients, sugar and cook for 2-3 min.
6. Add about 500ml. of water and stir well.
7. Add the fried cauliflower, green chili and mix well.
8. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
9. Take it off the flame when the potatoes are well cook.10. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.