Paneer Daal with Coconut
- MoongDaal: - 250gm
- Paneer (sliced in small cube pieces): - 150gm.
- Coconut (sliced in very small pieces): - ½ cup
- Tomato (sliced in small pieces):- 1cup
- Ginger Paste: - 1tsp
- Green Chili: - 4-5 pieces
- Cumin Seeds: - ½ tsp.
- Bay Leaf: - 2
- Hudson Canola Oil: - 1/2cup
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/2tsp
- Ghee: - 1tsp
- Garam Mashala Powder: - 1tsp.
- Sugar: - 1tsp.
- Salt: - to taste
- Roast the moong daal in a pan and then boil it with salt and turmeric powder, in a pressure cooker. Keep aside when it boils well.
- Heat Oil and then fry the paneers till it takes brown color and keep aside.
- In the same oil, ad bay leaf, cumin seed and coconut one by one and cook until the coconut becomes brown.
- Now add the boiled daal, tomatoes, ginger paste, green chili, sugar and fried paneer to it and mix well.
- Add 1cup water and let the daal get cooked.
- Take it off the flame when the daal becomes thick. Add ghee and garam mashala and cover it for at least 5min.
- Garnish with grated cheese and serve hot with rice or roti or paratha.