Monday 22 July 2013

Talk about India, from India with you



Good morning/Good afternoon/Good evening my friends out there! This is 10:30pm. 22nd July, 2013, Monday in India. How are you friends? We are enjoying rain in India! Some of you have told me that they missed me, as I irregular in past weeks. Yes, that is true! As I told you, I was busy in wedding function in my family, I couldn’t manage time and I beg your apology! Hope, from this week, I will concentrate on my blog.




Friends, today is a big day in India. It is ‘Guru Purnima’. The meaning of the word ‘Guru’ is teacher; so, I want to say some words about this day with love and respects for my ‘Guru’s – my teachers. 


The full moon day in the month of Ashadh (July) of the Hindu calendar is celebrated as Guru Purnima by all Hindus all over. This day is celebrated as a mark of respect to the “Guru” - a teacher or a preacher. Hindus show much respect to their gurus. Gurus are often regarded as Gods. This day is celebrated in the sacred memory of the great sage Vyasa, the ancient saint who compiled the four Vedas, wrote 18 Puranas, the Mahabharata and the Srimad Bhagavata. The day, also known as “Vyasa Purnima” is observed by devotees who offer pujas (worship) to their beloved Gurus. Sage Vyasa is known to be the Adi (original) Guru of the Hindu religion. The auspicious day of Vyaasa Poornima has a great significance, as everybody knows that the role of a Guru in real life is very much important.


Guru Purnima celebration in Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh
In India, Guru Purnima is celebrated at various ashrams, especially with much grandeur at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh. The day is celebrated here on a grand scale with devotees coming from various parts of the country. The same is also celebrated at ashram of Satya Sai Baba at Puttaparthy, Ashram in Amritapuri and few other places of spiritual importance. Guru Purnima is also celebrated few places outside India.

 
That’s all for today.  Enjoy the rain safely. Take care of your family and yourself! Have a good day/ afternoon/evening/night! Namaskar.



Gururbrahmaa gururvishnuh gururdevo Maheswarah |
Guruh-saakshaat parambrahma tasmai shrigurave namah ||

“Guru is creator Brahma; Guru is preserver Vishnu; Guru is also the destroyer Siva and he is the source of the Absolute. I offer all my salutations to the Guru”.

No comments:

Post a Comment