Flavors of India
Today is a special day; so, I share with you a special dish especially for you all. It is Chingri-Paturi; a Bengali delicacy. Please share with me how it works!
Chingri-Paturi (Baked Prawn in Pumpkin leaves)
1. Prawn (Medium size):- 250grms.
2. Green Chili :- 4-5
3. Coconut (grate):- 1/2 cup
4. Poppy seeds(posto):- 1/2 cup
5. Mustard seeds: - 2 tbs.
6. Turmeric Powder :- 1/4 teaspoon
7. Mustered Oil :- 1/4Cup(50gm)
8. Salt :- to taste
9. Pumpkin leaves:- to need
1. Normal thread to Tie
1. Dress and wash the prawns, marinated with little bit of turmeric powder & Salt for 5-10min.
2. Grind together the coconut, green chilies, Poppy seeds and Mustard seeds to make a fine paste, adding very little water and keep aside.
3. Mix the paste, salt and oil with the prawns and marinated for 30 mins.
4. Now, fold 1 or 2 prawns in bed of bed of Pumpkin leaves. It should be tied nicely with thread.
5.Heat the Non stick Pan with Mustard oil and Keep the tied prawns on the Pan and over slow flame of Gas.
6. Both the sides should be fried till Brown. Remove it from fire take it out and serve it with hot Rice or Polaw.
* You may use micro-oven. In that situation, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease the
Pan with cooking spray.
* You may use banana leaves or cabbage leaves. If you are using banana leaves cut out the hard stem like portions. If you are using cabbage leaves remove the core of the cabbage with a sharp knife and immerse the cabbage in a pot of salted boiling water. Let it sit for a few minutes. Remove and refresh with cold water and then use for Paturi.
* Ideally the wraps should be three times the size of the fish, otherwise the marinade will escape.