Flavors of India
Muri Ghanto (Fish Head Curry)
· Muro (Head of any big fish): - 500gm.
· Potato(medium size) (cut into cube pieces):- 2 piece
· Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 2 piece
· Ginger paste: - 1tablespoon
· Garlic paste :- 2tablespoon
· Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
· Green chillies:- 2 pieces
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Bay leaves:- 2 pieces
· Coarsely crushed Green Cardamom:- 2 pieces
· Coarsely crushed Cinnamon: - 1 inch.
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
· Ghee (if you want):- 1teaspoon
· Sugar:- 1/3teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Cut the muro (fish head) into big pieces; wash and marinate with salt and turmeric powder before cooking.
2. Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the muro (fish head) till brownish and set aside. When you fry it, crush the muro(fish head) very carefully with a smasher in medium pieces.
3. In the same oil, add the bay leaves, cardamom and cinnamon, fry for 30-40 seconds.
4. Now, pour in the potato and fry for 3-4min and then pour in the onions and fry.
5. When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish; add ginger, garlic, green chillis and tomato and fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add ¼ cup water, all the powders of ingredients, potato, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3min.
7. Again add ¼ cup water and fried muro (fish head) and mix well.
8. When it becomes dry add about 150ml of water and stir well.
9. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
10. Take it off the flame and add the ghee when the potato well cooked.
11. Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti or Garlic Bread.
* This preparation would taste best when have with hot rice.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store.