Flavors of India
Aloor Chap (Potato Patties in Indian style)
· Potato(small size): - 4 pieces
· Gram flour (Besan):- 250gm.
· Onion(medium size) (cut in fine pices):- 2 pieces
· Garlic pest:- 2teaspoon
· Green chilli (cut in small pices):- 2-3 pieces
· Red chilli Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1/4teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Mustard oil:- 2Cup(300gm)
· Salt:- to taste
1. Boil the potatoes very well and make a mold with salt.
2. Heat ¼ cup oil in a pan and fry the onions. When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish, add garlic and green chilli. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add potato, all powders, and salt in it and mix very well.
4. Cook for 3-4 min and then keep aside and let it cool.
5. Divide the potato mixture into equal lemon sized balls and flatten them with your palm.
6. Take a big bowl. Put gram flower, water and salt in it mix well so that no lumps remain. Remember; take water to need to make a thick batter so that it coats the stuffing nicely.
7. Add 1 tsp of hot oil while making the batter.
8. Heat the oil for deep frying.
9. Dip each flattened piece in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
10. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup .
* This preparation would taste best when have with Muri (puffed-rice).
* You may add a pinch of soda bicarbonate in the batter for crunchy Chops.