Gourd with Prawn
- Prawn: - 250gm.
- Gourd (small size):- 1 piece
- Potato(medium size) (cut into small pieces):- 2 piece
- Ginger paste: - 1tablespoon
- Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
- Green chillies:- 2 pieces
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
- Cumin Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
- Bay leaves:- 2 pieces
- Cumin seeds:_ ½ teaspoon
- Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
- Sugar:- 1teaspoon
- Salt:- to tast
- Finely chopped the g0urd, wash and take aside.
- Wash the prawns and marinate with salt and turmeric powder before cooking.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the prawns for 1min. and set aside.
- In the same oil, add the bay leaves and cumin seeds, fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Now, pour in the potato, salt, turmeric powder and fry for 3-4min till it should take up a bit of brownish.
- Now, add the chopped Gourd and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup water, ginger pest, tomatos, all the powders of ingredients, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3 min.
- Again add ¼ cup water and fried prawns and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the potato well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti.