Flavors of India
Sukto (A Bengali Cuisine)
· Parwals (Patol): - 3 piece
· Bitter gourd (Karela): - 3 piece
· Green bananas: - 1 piece
· Drumstick veggies :- 3 piece
· Potato:- 2 piece
· Egg Plant:- 2 piece
· Mustard/refine oil:- 1/4cups
· Medium Size Bari/Bori ( Sun Dried Small Pulse Cakes ):- 5piece
· Ginger Paste:- 1tsp
· Red Chili Powder(if you want):- 1tsp
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2tsp
· Ghee:- 2tsp
· Panch Phoran:- 1/2tsp
· Panch Phoran and black pepper (roasted and grinded) 2tsp
· Sugar:- 2tsp
· Salt:- to taste
1. Peel and chop all the vegetables into medium pieces.
2. Heat Oil and then fry the Boris in it and keep aside. Also fry the bitter gourd in it and keep aside
3. Add panch phoran, vegitabals, turmeric powder, salt in the same oil and mix well. Cook for 5min.
4. Now add the Fried Boris and bitter gourd to it. Add all the Spices to it and mix well. Add Water and let the vegetables simmer well and get cooked.
5. Take it off the flame when the vegetables well cooked. Add ghee and roasted panch phoran & black pepper.
6. Serve hot with rice.
* You may add more vegetables in it.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store