Flavors of India
Chingri-vape (Baked Prawn with Coconut)
1. Prawn(Medium size) :- 250grms.
2. Turmeric Powder :- 1/4 teaspoon
3. Mustered Oil :- 1/4Cup(50gm)
4. Green Chilli :- 4-5
5. Salt :- to taste
1. Coconut (grated):- 1/2 cup
2. Poppy seeds(posto):- 1/2 cup
3. Mustard seeds: - 2 tbs.
4. Green chilli:- 2 (if you want)
1. Dress and wash the prawns, marinate with little bit of turmeric powder & Salt for
2. Grind together the coconut, green chilies, Poppy seeds and Mustard seeds to make a fine paste, adding very little water and keep aside.
- Mix the paste, salt and oil with the prawns and marinate for 30 min.
- Take an air-tight, steel container and put the marinated prawns and green chilies in it.
- Take 1 lit. of water in a pot and heat it.
- Now, put the container in the pot and cover it.
- When the water become 1/2lit., take it off.
- Serve hot with rice.
* You may use micro-oven.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store.