Flavors of India
Chicken Curry with potato in Indian Style
· Chicken: - 500gm.
· Potato(medium size):- 2 piece
· Onion (slice in four pieces):- 2 piece
· Ginger paste: - 1tablespoon
· Garlic paste :- 2tablespoon
· Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
· Fresh Coriander :- 1/3 cup
· Curd:- 1/2 cup
· Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
· Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
· Cumin Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
· Sugar:- 1/5teaspoon
· Salt:- to taste
1. Wash the chicken and marinate with curd, all powders, ginger, garlic & Salt before cooking for at least 30mins.
2. Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the potato till brownish and set aside.
3. In the same oil pour in the onion and fry for 3-4min.
4. When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish, add marinated chicken in it and cook for 5mins.
5. Add ¼ cup water, potato, tomato and sugar in it & cook for 2-3 min.
6. When it becomes dry add about 150ml of water and stir well.
7. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
8. Take it off the flame when the potato well cooked.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander.
10. Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti or Garlic Bread.
* You may avoid cumin, coriander or Kashmiri red chilli powder. In that situation, add 1 cup paste of fresh coriander and green chilli.
* For Details about Ingredients, check your nearest Indian Store