Flavors of India
Hilsa with Egg Plant (Begun die Ilish macher jhol)
· Hilsa: - 6 piece
· Egg plant(small size):- 6 piece
· Green chilli:- 8-10 pieces
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
· Mustard Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
· Salt:- to taste
1. Wash the fishes and marinate with turmeric powder & Salt before cooking for at least 30mins.
2. Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the fish for 30sec.
3. In the same oil pour in the black cumin. When it smells, add the egg plants, turmeric powder and salt and then fry for 3-4min.
4. When the color of egg plant should take up a bit of brownish, add 4 cup of water in it and stir well.
5. Add fishes and green chillis.
6. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
7. Take it off the flame when the fishes are well cooked.
8. Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti or Garlic Bread.
* This preparation would taste best when have with steamed rice.
* You may use Shad fish or Sardine fish as an alternative of Hilsa.